Happy Sunday morning blogettes!
Tomorrow morning at this time Craig and will be heading to California. We are so ready for our vacation. Our plans for our vacation are Venice Beach, Universal Studios, hiking at Runyon Canyon and a couple of museums. I’ve been looking forward to this vacation for a couple of months. Work has been crazy lately and it will be nice to get away for a bit. We try to plan at least one longer trip once a year and then some shorter ones throughout the year. I think it’s important to take time for ourselves and just relax. You don’t have to go away to do that but it’s nice to change the scenery. Here are a few places we’ve been since we started dating…..
San Diego was so much fun. We went to Sea World, Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo and of course the beach.
Las Vegas again. See I told you we like going there.
And Utah….Zion National Park. That was an amazing experience. We want to go back some day. It was so beautiful.
Our very first trip together was Disneyland. I couldn’t find any of those pictures though 😦
I’ll have so many pictures to share with you when we get back. Have a great week!!!
Before I leave I want to leave you with a few tips on maintaining while on vacation. It’s easy to go out of control when we are on vacation but here are a few things that have helped me “stay in control” while on vacation.
- Pack some snacks: I like to take nuts, some fruit and granola bars. It’s nice to have a couple in your purse, hotel room or in your car just incase you feel like munching on something. We all know it’s pretty easy to get a bag of fritos and bean dip for the road when we stop for gas. At least it is for me. LOL. Knowing that I have a snack with me prevents that from happening.
- Plan a little fitness ahead of time: When we are making our plans for our trip I make sure to add a hike, a little run or even walking. Usually there is a gym at the hotel but if your like me you don’t want to go to the gym while your on vacation. A hike or run will give you a chance to scope out the scenery on your vacation. I also found free iPod workout downloads if you’re interested… DOWNLOAD
- Be Prepared: Ahead of time maybe look up a few restaurants that you would want to try. Look at the menu and nutrition info. Of course you might have to roll with the punches when your out and about. You’ll go to a restaurant you weren’t expecting but at least at some places you’ll have an idea of what you’re getting. Also try to stick to your regular eating schedule so you’re not tempted to grab a quick fix because you skipped a meal.
- It’s okay to splurge: Enjoy your vacation. We all know what our limits are. Stop before you feel like your about to burst. Just ask for a to go box or think about how crappy you will feel afterwards. We should enjoy our vacation in more ways than one. So yes we should enjoy a little something here and there but make sure you know your limit and cut yourself off when you’re there. Just because you’re on vacation doesn’t mean you have to eat everything on the plate.
- Don’t feel guilty: If you have that cookie or that burger. Don’t feel bad. Hey you know that when you’re at home you have it under control. Just get back to it and don’t mess up a whole day just because of one thing. Enjoy it.
Question: Do you have any tips that help you maintain when you’re on vacation?
I’m going to be thinking about these tips this week. Have a great week!!!!