Happy October 1st and Happy Friday!!! I can’t even explain how happy I am. I have things to look forward to this weekend and also for the rest of the month. I started my month off super nice by registering for the Women’s Half Marathon on November 7, 2010.
A few cool things about this Half Marathon:
1) It’s all Women. LOL. Duh…Women’s Half Marathon.
2) We get this awesome looking metal that can become a necklace.
3) I can get to it in like 10 minutes from my house. I won’t need to get a hotel and spend extra money. I get to wake up in my own cozy bed and prepare at my house. Score!
4) My family and friends can come to support me without having to spend money also. 🙂
5) Most of us will be wearing PINK!!! It’s my favorite color so I’m pretty happy about that.
6) I get to run it with two of my friends. This will be my friend Daniela’s 1st Half Marathon. Also my friend Diana is running her 2nd half marathon and this is only 5 months after having Baby Derick. We are going to have a blast!!
Also this morning I registered Craig and I for the Susan G. Komen 5k. I ran this last year with my sister and I’m so happy Craig wanted to run it this year. This will be our 3rd 5k together. We are preparing for Craig’s 1st half in December. So EXCITING!!!!!!
Other exciting news…. WEEKEND PLANS.
Tonight we have dinner and a movie. We are going to have dinner at Pita Jungle and then watch Social Network. I’ve heard a few good reviews and I’m hoping it’s as good as it seems. Tomorrow morning my 10 mile run with Diana. Then I’m off for shopping with my sister and to hang out at my parents. Evening plans are a house-warming party with our friends. Sunday morning out to the park for Craig and Daniela’s 5 mile run then home for football and resting 😉 I’m sure my legs will need it.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend 🙂