Ragnar Del Sol 2013 Recap Part 1

 Hello!! It’s been awhile..again. I have so much to catch up on. Starting with Ragnar Del Sol! OMG this was so awesome. I was so nervous about this for so long and even when I was asked if I wanted to join the team I wasn’t sure. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for so long but saying you want to do something and actually doing it, is totally different. I don’t usually back down when I commit to something so I thought about it for a while then decided to join the team. I LOVED our team. I didn’t really know anyone except by their blogs but everyone was so nice and as excited about running as I am. It’s cool to hangout with a bunch of girls that love everything about running.

Okay so let me start off by saying that packing for Ragnar is kind of big deal. At least I made it a huge deal. I ended up packing way too much. Now I know what I really need for the next time I do it 😉



I read a few posts about Ragnar and everyone recommends putting your outfits in individual bags which I think worked out perfect.

Then I headed over to our Team Captain’s house…Nicole to carpool to another teammates house..Jenn. We were all having dinner there, decorating the vans and sleeping there before waking up at 2:30 AM on Friday.


Decorating the vans was a blast. I’m going to be writing on vehicles a lot more often.




Stacey designed our shirts and we all loved them!! Our runner number on the back and our team name on the front.


After all the fun we headed to bed for a few hours. We were all super excited to start our Ragnar adventure.

Our alarms went off at 2:30 AM. We got ready and headed to Wickenburg which was I think a little over an hour away. Our start time was 5:30 AM but we had to be there by 4:30 AM to check in and to go over the safety information.


There are a lot of rules. I don’t remember too many except you MUST have your vest on any time you are outside the van from 5 PM- 9 AM. Also if you plan on crossing the street you must wave the big orange flag they give you. If you get 3 strikes…you’re out. There’s a special # they give you and people can text if they see you doing something you shouldn’t. That same # is used in case of any emergencies.


The big orange tent is filled with Ragnar goodies. I wanted it all but decided to wait until after the race. I wish now that I would’ve bought something that morning so that I could wear my Ragnar gear during the race.



Before we knew it, it was time to start. Nicole was Runner #1. She had about 8 miles of steady incline.


When we left her to start her leg, we drove her leg and I felt for her. Those hills were killer. She was part of the 1st van. I was Runner #7 which means I had the first leg for the 2nd van, this gave us a few hours before I had to start. We drove to the 6th exchange to wait for our turn. We had planned on getting sleep but we were all too excited and didn’t get any sleep. It’s hard to sleep when you’re excited.


Stacey made these cups for us with some running goodies. I love my Ragnar cup 🙂 029 

We also put on our tattoos since we’re hardcore and all.


Rockin’ Refuel gave us a lot of milks to refuel. Here’s Stacey showing some love.



Then it was time for my first leg…..

I have a lot more so come back 🙂



2 comments on “Ragnar Del Sol 2013 Recap Part 1

  1. courtney says:

    this is so exciting! part of me really wants to do one, but the other part of me knows how crabby i am when i don’t get sleep! lol excited to read the rest of your story!

  2. Suzanne says:

    The cups and shirts are nice! You guys look like you were set for a great time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s